Well, worked this weekend on getting Xamarin for Visual Studio 2015 working.
A few notes:
- Download installer from Xamarin, but do not run it directly.
- Kill any Java Exe processes before running installer
- Locate Installer and RUN AS ADMIN
- If you get an error at the end of the install process about certain SDK’s not installing.
- Go to: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\SDK Manager.exe” and run as admin.
- Deselect everything and then select ONLY the SKD’s you need and nothing extra.
- Reboot after install
- Run visual studio in admin mode.
- Do the follow to create a super simple test so you can debug any other configuration issue. https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/getting_started/hello,android/hello,android_quickstart/
The end result: